Semester 1 (Extended)
Semester 2 (Extended)
|Fees||Look up fees|
The research project option within the Master of Computational Biology will be available for students who have demonstrated a strong aptitude for research to perform a short research project under the direction of a supervisor. The research project will build on the skills obtained in the course. Students will determine the structure they follow in consultation with the project coordinator. The following structures are possible.
- Research Project in Comp Biology pt1 (12.5pts)
- Research Project in Comp Biology pt2 (37.5pts)
- Research Project in Comp Biology pt1 (25pts)
- Research Project in Comp Biology pt2 (25pts)
Intended learning outcomes
At the completion of this subject students will have:
- The ability to apply existing or new techniques to perform research under general direction
- The ability to produce a research report containing results that could lead to publication
- The ability to present results in oral form at a career-ready level.
- A sound preparation for future research in Computational Biology
- Upon completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills: - problem-solving skills including the ability to engage with unfamiliar problems, identify relevant solution strategies and conduct research; - analytical skills through the ability to construct and express logical arguments and to work in abstract or general terms to increase the clarity and efficiency of analysis; - presentation skills, both written and oral; and - time management skills: the ability to meet regular deadlines while balancing competing commitments.
Last updated: 10 November 2019