The Graduate Certificate allows students who have completed an undergraduate degree to refocus or expand their body of knowledge by completing the requirement of one of the undergraduate majors (or equivalent) in the Bachelor of Science not already completed. The Graduate Certificate provides a pathway to the Master of Science Streams.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, students should:
- Develop specialised knowledge and a practical and theoretical understanding of at least two specialist areas of physical geography.
- Be able to demonstrate an advanced level of skills in conducting field work.
- Gain skills in the use of computer software programs to process, analyse and interpret physical geography data.
- Gain knowledge and skills in the application of laboratory techniques for investigating environmental processes.
- Be able to understand and critically analyse key literature and current debates in at least two specialist areas of physical geography.
- Be able to demonstrate the capacity to work within a group environment and to communicate results verbally and in written form through field research reports, laboratory reports, seminars, essays and practical assignments.
Last updated: 18 December 2020