The Graduate Diploma allows students who have completed an undergraduate degree to re-focus or expand their body of knowledge by completing the requirement of one of the undergraduate majors (or equivalent) in the Bachelor of Science not already completed. The Graduate Diploma provides a pathway to the Master of Science Streams.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, students should:
- Develop specialised knowledge and a practical and theoretical understanding of at least three specialist areas of physical geography.
- Be able to demonstrate an advanced level of skills in conducting field work.
- Advanced skills in the use of computer software programs to process, analyse and interpret physical geography data.
- Gain high level knowledge and skills in the application of laboratory techniques for investigating environmental processes.
- Be able to understand and critically analyse key literature and current debates in at least three specialist areas of physical geography.
- Be able to demonstrate a high-level capacity to work within a group environment and to communicate results verbally and in written form through field research reports and seminars, laboratory reports, essays and practical assignments.
Last updated: 22 April 2021