About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Majors, minors and specialisations
- Further study
Students currently admitted in this course:
Performance/ Composition/ Musicology/ Ethnomusicology Specialisation:
Year 1 coordinator: Dr Carol Johnson
Year 2 coordinator: Mx Tonié Field
Year 3 coordinator: Dr Katy Abbott
Jazz & Improvisation Specialisation:
Associate Professor Robert Vincs
Interactive Composition Specialisation:
Professor Mark Pollard
The Melbourne Conservatorium of Music offers a wide range of study options including:
Bachelor of Music (Honours) - specialisations available in Performance, Composition, Musicology, Ethnomusicology, Jazz & Improvisation, Interactive Composition
Graduate Research programs:
- Master of Music - specialisations available in Performance, Conducting, Composition, Musicology, Ethnomusicology, Jazz & Improvisation, Interactive Composition, Music Therapy and Music Psychology & Performance
- Doctor of Philosophy - specialisations available in Performance, Conducting, Composition, Musicology, Ethnomusicology, Jazz & Improvisation, Interactive Composition, Music Therapy and Music Psychology & Performance
Graduate Coursework programs:
- Master of Music (Performance Teaching) - a specialist coursework degree enabling graduates in Western classical and contemporary music to work as performer-teachers in a variety of situations including community, private provider and further education settings and as instrumental/vocal instructors in schools.
- Master of Music (Opera Performance) - a specialist coursework degree, offered in conjunction with Victorian Opera, delivering elite-level training for opera performers.
- Master of Music Therapy - a coursework program leading to professional registration as Music Therapists (RMT) with the Australian Music Therapy Association (Inc.).
- Graduate Diploma in Guided Imagery and Music - an intensive mode program providing advanced level training in Guided Imagery and Music (GIM) therapy.
- Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Music - designed for university graduates in any field who wish to undertake university-level study in music. Specialisations available in Practical Study, Composition, Musicology and Ethnomusicology.
Last updated: 21 June 2021