About this course
As a student of the Master of Social Work you will benefit from:
- a curriculum approved by the Australian Association of Social Workers;
- well-qualified, experienced, research-active and accessible teachers, with strong ties to the profession and community services;
- mixed teaching methods: lectures; tutorials; seminars; collaborative learning; practice simulations;
- a well-developed field education program, including several student units in key agencies in the health, aging, child and family, drug and alcohol and women's services;
- good coverage of particular fields of practice such as: mental health; child and family practice; health; aging; substance abuse;
- excellent student facilities and the backing of a well-resourced major university;
- the excellent employment record for our graduates in a wide range of fields and job descriptions;
- a diverse and talented population of students at entry-to-practice, advanced practice and research levels
All students undertaking a placement in a hospital, clinic or other health or community environment are required to satisfy a number of requirements, including:
- undergoing a recent National Police Record Check
- holding a valid Working with Children Check for the relevant state/territory, and
- being satisfactorily protected against infectious disease transmission.
Please refer to the Student Placements webpage for detailed information regarding compliance requirements.
Last updated: 28 April 2021