Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Winter Term - Dual-Delivery
|Fees||Look up fees|
In this subject, students will explore positive approaches to career choice, career management, and leadership.
Students will investigate key questions such as: How much does money matter? What are the factors that promote flourishing in education and throughout one’s career? What approaches can be used to promote flourishing in ongoing learning, education, and career development practices? What is positive leadership and how can it be fostered and developed? How can positive leadership be used to help individuals and organisations to thrive?
This subject will draw on a range of reflective learning, experiential learning, and skill-building techniques and exercises to enable students to develop a tool-kit to foster flourishing over the course of their education and career.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Develop a tool-kit they can draw from to promote positive decisions in choosing their career and managing their career, as well as in leading others.
- Understand how positive psychology can underpin education and career choices.
- Understand and apply positive leadership practices and frameworks.
- Critically evaluate positive leadership methods and provide constructive feedback about the learning and development process.
- Explore how positive approaches can be applied to foster ongoing learning, education, and development.
- Analyse and apply key research and frameworks from a variety of disciplines, with a key focus on the field of positive organisational scholarship.
- Critical and creative thinking skills will be fostered by exposure to new approaches to leadership in educational and organisational contexts.
- Reflective and narrative skills will be furthered through introspective techniques, experiential learning and storytelling in both assignment work and in-class exercises.
- Analytical and cognitive skills will be advanced through exposure to case studies, theoretical frameworks and research across disciplines.
- Meaningful applications of theory will be encouraged by exposure to situations in which principles and frameworks of positive psychology can be applied to foster ongoing education and career development.
- Written and oral communication skills will be developed through assignment work and in-class participation.
Last updated: 9 September 2021