Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Semester 1 - Online
Semester 2 - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will explain and conceptualise the nature of Asian management and business practices from economic, cultural and institutional perspectives. The emphasis of the subject is on the application of contextual knowledge about international business theory as tailored to the Asia Pacific, to analyse and make decisions faced by companies operating or expanding in the Asia Pacific region. Students will be required to apply the knowledge and skills learnt to solve various business issues in Asian business environment.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, you should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of business environment in Asia.
- Acquire skills for country analysis and practice these skills to analyse various countries in the Asia.
- Learn about different management challenges of operating multinationals in the Asia.
- Acquire useful tools and frameworks for case analysis.
- Practice presentation and argumentation skills.
- Practice group work in multi-cultural teams.
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Synthesis and application of competing managerial theories;
- Problem solving and critical analytical skills, which should be developed via the use of small group discussions, case studies and research projects;
- Collaborative learning and teamwork skills,which should be fostered by working in smallgroups;
- Oral and written communication skills, whichshould be developed via group work, group presentations and preparation of the major assignment.
- Demonstrate a capacity to successfully work independently as well as collaboratively with personal accountability.
Last updated: 4 September 2021