Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Term 2 - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
In this subject students will apply their learned knowledge and the theoretical and scientific principles from NURS90076 Applied Pathophysiology and the concurrent subject, NURS90121 Foundations in Cancer Nursing.
Students will demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and clinical competency by delivering evidence-based practices through core clinical skills at the level of an advanced beginner specialist cancer nurse.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate integration of core principles covered in the subject and its pre-requisite, Applied Pathophysiology and its co-requisite, Foundations of Cancer Nursing, to develop and apply practice knowledge to provide specialist cancer nursing care that addresses actual and potential disease and treatment-related health needs
- Apply knowledge of evidence-based best practice in the management of cancer pain and central venous access devices and other core clinical requirements relevant to the student's context of practice
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practice specialist nursing care in the management of cancer care and end-of-life emergencies
- Demonstrate competent, evidence-based practices in a range of core clinical skills at the level of an advanced beginner specialist cancer nurse
- A capacity to articulate their knowledge and understanding in oral and written modes of communication
- A capacity to manage competing demands on time, including self-directed project work
- Advanced competencies in areas of professional expertise and/or scholarship
- Advanced skills and techniques applicable to the discipline
- Well-developed problem-solving abilities in the discipline area, characterised by flexibility of approach
- An ability to evaluate and synthesise the research and professional literature in the discipline
- An appreciation of the ways in which advanced knowledge equips the student to offer leadership in the specialist area
Last updated: 11 February 2021