Bachelor of ArtsMajorYear: 2022
Associate Professor Michael Ewing
Currently enrolled students:
Knowledge about Asia is a crucial national asset at a time of rapid globalisation and social change. The Asian Studies program at the University of Melbourne is one of the largest in Australia and comprises a comprehensive range of subjects in the intellectual, cultural, political and religious traditions of Asia, with a focus on China, Indonesia, Japan and South-east Asia. Asian Studies subjects are taught in English and do not require language prerequisites. Study abroad programs are available and Asialink offers a stimulating program of events and activities with an Asian focus.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this major, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of traditions, ideologies and contemporary developments in the Asian region.
- Acquire the ability to use interdisciplinary frameworks to engage critically with key issues in contemporary Asia.
- Develop foundational research skills in the analysis of critical issues in the Asian region.
- Develop cross-cultural skills to work effectively with people from different cultures.
- Gain the ability to set goals and manage time and priorities and work effectively both independently and in groups
Last updated: 12 November 2022