A specialisation in Plant Science will provide the springboard for students in entering careers or research in all fields requiring a solid understanding of plants and their environments. Graduates will develop a comprehensive integrated knowledge of the biology of plants as well as both field and laboratory skills. This will include knowledge from all aspects of plant biology from cells to ecosystems.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon completion of this specialisation, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive integrated knowledge of the biology of plants;
- Apply in-field and laboratory techniques in the study of plants;
- Explain plant diversity across a global and Australian context;
- Critically evaluate empirical arguments;
- Design and conduct experiments with plants;
- Apply statistical methods in the analysis and interpretation of data;
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills in Science.
Last updated: 12 November 2022