About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Further study
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Contact hours: https://unimelb.edu.au/professional-development/contact-us
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
– a Master of Nursing Science, or
– a Bachelor of Nursing (or equivalent qualification); or
- a Bachelor of Midwifery (or equivalent qualification); or
- a double degree in Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Midwifery (BNBMID)
- at least one year of documented clinical experience as a Registered Nurse or Midwife working in an acute or sub-acute healthcare service within the preceding five years from the time of application; and
- current unrestricted registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (courses with clinical components only); and
- current employment and evidence of clinical support in your specialty area (courses with clinical components only).
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee entry.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- the clinical experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university's English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 26 February 2022