- Master of Advanced Nursing Practice/Master of Public Health
- Entry and participation requirements
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must:
- Have completed a Bachelor of Nursing or a Master of Nursing Science (or equivalent qualifications); AND
- A Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in speciality nursing practice or a public health-related speciality, with a weighted average mark of 65% or higher in either the undergraduate or postgraduate degree; AND
- Be registered as a nurse with a board of nursing in own country at the time of application; AND
- Have at least two years of documented clinical experience as a Registered Nurse within the preceding five years from the time of application.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic performance; and
- Documented work experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry. The University is dedicated to providing support to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Student Equity and Disability Support (SEDS) website https://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 29 March 2023