About this course
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course students should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in their chosen specialisation – Agribusiness, Animal Science, Crop & Soil Sciences, Food Sustainability or Agricultural Innovation & Extension
- Interpret, critically analyse and evaluate data generated through research activities in order to effectively understand and implement improved agricultural systems
- Demonstrate familiarity with advanced research topics and practical applications within the disciplines of agricultural science, and develophave the skills necessary to plan and execute an independent piece of research and communicate the impact of this work
- Develop an understanding of problem solving and research methodologies and demonstrate personal accountability by applying solutions to diverse challenges facing agricultural systems
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches to the contemporary, interdisciplinary management of commercial agricultural systems
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of environmental, economic, social and ethical factors related to plant and animal-derived food and fibre production in Australia and globally, with the cognitive, technical and creative skills necessary to communicate the information to a specialist and non-specialist audience.
- A profound respect for truth, intellectual and professional integrity, and the ethics of scholarship
- Capacity for independent critical thought, rational inquiry and self-directed learning and research
- An ability to derive, interpret and analyse social, technical or economic information from primary and other sources
- Awareness of and ability to utilise appropriate communication technology and methods for the storage, management and analysis of data
- Capacity for creativity and innovation, through the application of skills and knowledge
- Ability to integrate information across a relevant discipline to solve problems in applied situations
- Highly developed computer - based skills to allow for effective on-line learning and communication.
- Highly developed written communication skills to allow informed dialogue with individuals and groups from industry, government and the community
- Highly developed oral communication skills to allow informed dialogue and liaison with individuals and groups from industry, government and the community.
- Appreciation of social and cultural diversity from a regional to a global context
- Ability to participate effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to plan work, use time effectively and manage small projects.
The graduates from the Master of Agricultural Sciences (coursework) will have achieved academic excellence in their chosen field(s) of study. They will possess in-depth knowledge in those fields(s) and have been equipped with all necessary tools and skills to become leaders at both national and global levels.
Last updated: 9 December 2022