Master of Applied Data Analytics (MC-APPDA) // Entry and participation requirements
About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Majors, minors and specialisations
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Contact hours: https://unimelb.edu.au/professional-development/contact-us
Further information: https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/courses/graduate/master-of-applied-data-analytics/
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- a bachelor honours degree or equivalent in a cognate area (Health, Psychology, Urban Design/Architecture, Built Environment or Education); or
- a three-year undergraduate qualification in a cognate area and at least two years of documented, relevant work experience; or
- a bachelor honours degree or equivalent and at least two years of documented, relevant work experience (no specialisation stream); or
- a minimum of eight years documented, relevant work experience; and
- a personal statement.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and if relevant
- the work experience; and
- the personal statement.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university's English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the academic board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Notes: It is expected that students will already be familiar with basic concepts from statistics and probability.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The Master of Applied Data Analytics welcomes applications from students with disabilities. It is University and degree policy to take all reasonable steps to minimise the impact of disability upon academic study, and reasonable adjustments will be made to enhance a student's participation in the degree.
The Master of Applied Data Analytics requires all students to enrol in subjects where they will require:
- The ability to use a computer, including read material on screen, to a competent standard;
- The ability to read, analyse and comprehend complex scenarios involving the use of analytics;
- The ability to actively and safely contribute in online activities;
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a group;
- The ability to clearly and independently communicate orally a knowledge and application of analytics principles and critically evaluate these principles;
- The ability to clearly and independently communicate in writing a knowledge and application of analytics principles
Students must possess behavioural and social attributes that enable them to participate in a complex learning environment. Students are required to take responsibility for their own participation and learning. They also contribute to the learning of other students in collaborative learning environments, demonstrating interpersonal skills and an understanding of the needs of other students. Assessment may include the outcomes of tasks completed in collaboration with other students. There may be additional inherent academic requirements for some subjects, and these requirements are listed within the description of the requirements for each of these subjects.
Students who feel their disability will impact on meeting this requirement are encouraged to discuss this matter with the relevant Subject Coordinator and the Disability Liaison Unit: http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 6 June 2023