About this course
In combination with an approved initial teaching qualification, the Master of TESOL (Stream A) is recognised as an approved course of study for appointment and promotion to tagged positions within the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
Intended learning outcomes
The course aims to upgrade and/or retrain teachers in TESOL in the primary, secondary and adult education sectors. More specifically, it is intended that graduates should be able to:
- understand the nature and form of the English or target language;
- identify the principles and approaches to teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL);
- understand and apply current TESOL methodologies;
- demonstrate competence in the management of TESOL programs and resources which are culturally and linguistically appropriate;
- demonstrate an advanced knowledge of key areas of specialisation in TESOL.
- understand the nature of research in second language education
- demonstrate capacity to undertake small scale research projects in second language education.
Last updated: 10 November 2023