- Specialist Certificate in Inclusive Music Teaching
- Entry and participation requirements
About this course
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Contact hours: https://unimelb.edu.au/professional-development/contact-us
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field or equivalent; and
- Two years of documented relevant work experience of studio-based music teaching experience with a minimum of 10 students over a 2-year period, with employment reference; and
- Music skills equivalent to AMEB Practical Grade 8 and AMEB Theory Grade 5; and
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic performance; and
- Relevant work experience; and
- Portfolio that includes video demonstrating music skills
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band of 6.5 or more in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Test with no band less than 6.0 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The University of Melbourne is committed to providing students with reasonable adjustments to assessment and participation under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and the Assessment and Results Policy (MPF1326). Students are expected to meet the core participation requirements for their course. These can be viewed under Entry and Participation Requirements for the course outlines in the Handbook.
Further details on how to seek academic adjustments can be found on the Student Equity and Disability Support website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/student‐equity/home
Last updated: 3 July 2022