In First Half Year 2022, there will be three delivery modes for your subjects – Dual-Delivery, Online and On Campus.
Please refer to the return to campus page for more information, including Second Half Year delivery mode updates.
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject contains four components, as described below.
Brand equity accounts for a significant portion of the total value of most contemporary organizations. As a result, brand management has become a core concern for senior executives, investors and financial market participants. While effective management of the brand has the potential to radically alter firm performance, many find brand management uniquely challenging.
This component explores how brand-led firms design and implements effective brand management strategies. In particular, it examines how leading firms build, maintain and leverage brand equity and how the role of the brand is evolving in response to changes impacting the wider economy.
This component seeks to identify the behaviours that contribute to successful negotiation and those that undermine aspirations. Recognition of these behaviours allows the development of appropriate skills in negotiations that enable relationship-building and the management of other parties’ expectations. Among the key topics are:
- The negotiation process
- Value-claiming in negotiations
- Value creation in negotiations
- Ethical behaviour
- Integrating the elements of the negotiation process
Implementation of Strategy:
In this component, the strategy analysis and formulation content of Business Strategy is developed further. In particular, the issues that are central in the action phase of strategy are explored and examined. The following topics are addressed:
- Strategy and Strategy Implementation
- Systems and Systems Thinking
- Strategic Innovation
- Sustainability of Competitive Advantage
- Organizational Transformation and Change
- Building and Managing Culture
This Executive MBA Seminar Series complements the mainstream components of the module, and is dedicated to contemporary issues and global best practice development in the Negotiations, Brand Management and Implementation of Strategy fields.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this component students will be able:
- To leverage the relationship between brand equity and firm value in strategic decision-making
- To apply the concepts, tools and techniques of contemporary brand management
- To integrate the important processes and managerial frameworks for successfully managing the brand
On completion of this component students will:
- Have an increased self-awareness of personal negotiating style
- Understand the major theories, models and concepts that underlie the negotiation process
- Recognise opportunities for applying negotiation skills in a wide range of situations.
- Have developed the skills for effective negotiation
Implementation of Strategy:
On completion of this component students will have:
- A better understanding of the major issues impacting strategy and its implementation
- A deeper appreciation for the demands of strategic leadership in organizations
- Knowledge of concepts, frameworks and methods used in executing strategies
- Enhanced ability to drive change that leads to organizational renewal and transformation
On completion of this component students will be able to:
- Understand and discuss contemporary and advanced issues in the field
- Recognise and apply global best practice models
Last updated: 12 November 2021