Informal specialisationYear: 2023
Toong Khuan Chan
Melbourne School of Design
Currently enrolled students:
Further information: http://msd.unimelb.edu.au
The specialisation in building is conceived for those students who aspire to become construction managers and work with medium to large general contracting companies. It has a strong technical component concerned with construction planning, contract administration and site operations.
Intended learning outcomes
- Understand the technical and management requirements of the building construction process;
- Acquire professional knowledge of complex building components and systems;
- Evaluate procurement methods and understand contractual arrangements for the design and construction of facilities;
- Analyse and allocate the resources and people needed to ensure the safe delivery of buildings to clients;
- Develop process planning and contract administration skills;
- Become an effective team player in a multilayered organisation.
Last updated: 24 January 2023