Detailed information for prospective research higher degree students regarding the application process, including the online application form is available at http://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/applications/research.
Commencement dates for the Doctoral Program are as follows:
Semester 1 entry only:
- Accounting (application closing date 31 August)
- Economics (application closing date 30 September)
Semester 2 entry only:
- Decision, Risk and Financial Sciences (application closing date 15 February)
- Finance (application closing date 1 February)
- Management & Marketing (application closing date 15 February)
Applications for the PhD program in Actuarial Studies and Business Administration and Analytics can be made all year round.
It is only necessary to contact a potential supervisor prior to applying if you are submitting an application for the PhD in Actuarial Studies or Business Administration and Analytics.
Which scholarship can I apply for?
Students can find information about graduate research scholarships offered by the University of Melbourne at the Melbourne Scholarships Office.
The Higher Degrees Research Committee (HDRC) of the University will not approve entirely distance supervision or entirely on-line supervision for graduate researchers.
Last updated: 10 November 2023