Graduate Certificate in Surgical Education (GC-SURGED) // Entry and participation requirements
About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Further study
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Contact hours: https://unimelb.edu.au/professional-development/contact-us
Further Information: https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/courses/graduate/graduate-certificate-in-surgical-education/
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- a Doctor of Medicine or Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery or equivalent qualification, and
- at least two years of documented relevant clinical work experience.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking and/or assessing applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic qualification and performance; and
- the professional experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 7 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 24 January 2023