1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- a Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice with a specialty; and
- an undergraduate degree in nursing or a three-year diploma of nursing or equivalent; and
- at least one year of documented postgraduate clinical experience within the past five years; and
- Registration as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- the clinical experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providing support to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Student Equity and Disability Support website https://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 11 November 2022