About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
– a bachelor honours degree or equivalent in a cognate area;
– a three-year undergraduate qualification and at least 50 credit points, or equivalent, of graduate study in a cognate area;
– a three-year undergraduate qualification in a cognate area and at least two years of documented, relevant work experience; or
– a minimum of eight years of documented relevant professional experience, with evidence of artistic ability and achievement or practice comparable to that expected of honours degree holders in relevant disciplines;
• a curriculum vitae; and
• a portfolio of relevant work; and
• an interview.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
• prior academic performance; and
• the curriculum vitae; and
• the portfolio of relevant work; and
• the interview.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 10 November 2023