To learn more, visit 2023 Course and subject delivery.
Quotas apply to this subject
Dates & times
- Semester 1
Principal coordinator Michael Cantoni Mode of delivery On Campus (Parkville) Contact hours 36 hours of lectures (3 x one hour lectures per week) and up to 24 hours of workshops Total time commitment 200 hours Teaching period 27 February 2023 to 28 May 2023 Last self-enrol date 10 March 2023 Census date 31 March 2023 Last date to withdraw without fail 5 May 2023 Assessment period ends 23 June 2023
Semester 1 contact information
- Semester 2
Principal coordinator Girish Nair Mode of delivery On Campus (Parkville) Contact hours 36 hours of lectures (3 x one hour lectures per week) and up to 24 hours of workshops Total time commitment 200 hours Teaching period 24 July 2023 to 22 October 2023 Last self-enrol date 4 August 2023 Census date 31 August 2023 Last date to withdraw without fail 22 September 2023 Assessment period ends 17 November 2023
Semester 2 contact information
Time commitment details
What do these dates mean
Visit this webpage to find out about these key dates, including how they impact on:
- Your tuition fees, academic transcript and statements.
- And for Commonwealth Supported students, your:
- Student Learning Entitlement. This applies to all students enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).
- Completion rate. Students who started their course from 2022 and are in a CSP or receiving a HELP Loan (eg FEE-HELP) must meet the completion rate to continue to receive Commonwealth Support for that course.
Subjects withdrawn after the census date (including up to the ‘last day to withdraw without fail’) count toward the Student Learning Entitlement, and as a fail toward the completion rate, unless there are approved ‘special circumstances’.
Additional delivery details
This subject has an enrolment quota:
- This subject has an enrolment quota for Semester 1
- Initial self-enrolment is provisional until the selection process has been run
- Selection process will be run on a first-come first-served basis, with special priority given to students in the Master of Engineering (Mechatronics)
- 312 places (though self-enrolment will cut out at 276 to facilitate prioritisation of places for Mechatronics students).
Last updated: 24 January 2023