To learn more, visit 2023 Course and subject delivery.
Additional readings will be made available on LMS.
Recommended texts and other resources
- 'Analyzing grammar: an introduction'. Paul Kroeger. 2005. Cambridge University Press.
- 'Syntax: a generative introduction' by Andrew Carnie. 2013. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Related Handbook entries
This subject contributes to the following:
Type Name Informal specialisation TESOL - 200 Point Program Major Linguistics and Applied Linguistics Minor English Language Studies Informal specialisation Technology in Language Learning - 200 Point Program Informal specialisation English Language - 200 Point Program Informal specialisation Language Testing - 200 Point Program Breadth Track Linguistics: Language Structure and Analysis
- Breadth options
This subject is available as breadth in the following courses:
- Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Environments
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Animation)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film and Television)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music Theatre)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Production)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Screenwriting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Theatre)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Art)
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.
Last updated: 29 August 2023