To learn more, visit 2023 Course and subject delivery.
About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable(opens in new window)
Dates & times
- Semester 1
Principal coordinator Theo Mantamadiotis Mode of delivery On Campus (Parkville) Contact hours This subject is an individual research project and weekly contact hours will vary depending on the nature of the project. Total time commitment 340 hours Teaching period 27 February 2023 to 28 May 2023 Last self-enrol date 10 March 2023 Census date 31 March 2023 Last date to withdraw without fail 5 May 2023 Assessment period ends 23 June 2023
Semester 1 contact information
Time commitment details
Students should discuss total time commitment with their supervisor but as a guide, a student would be expected to be engaged in their research for an average of thirty hours per week over two semesters.
What do these dates mean
Visit this webpage to find out about these key dates, including how they impact on:
- Your tuition fees, academic transcript and statements.
- And for Commonwealth Supported students, your:
- Student Learning Entitlement. This applies to all students enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).
- Completion rate. Students who started their course from 2022 and are in a CSP or receiving a HELP Loan (eg FEE-HELP) must meet the completion rate to continue to receive Commonwealth Support for that course.
Subjects withdrawn after the census date (including up to the ‘last day to withdraw without fail’) count toward the Student Learning Entitlement, and as a fail toward the completion rate, unless there are approved ‘special circumstances’.
Additional delivery details
This subject is delivered in two consecutive parts. Whilst these have separate subject codes, they are considered to be a single continuing subject of 75 credit points. At the end of the first part, students will receive a CNT (Continuing - ongoing) grade. At the completion of the final part students will receive an overall result for the subject.
Information provided on this page applies to both parts of the subject (PATH40001 and PATH40005).
Last updated: 19 May 2023