|Look up fees
Agriculture Discovery is your introduction to the discipline of Agriculture and the degree at Melbourne. A week long intensive program of seminars and activities will provide you with a solid foundation to build academic skills and prepare you to succeed in your degree. You will also conduct a small project in an area of Agriculture of your choosing.
This subject also integrates with the University’s Joining Melbourne Modules and supports the Discovery goals for commencing students by introducing:
- emerging concepts and research in Agriculture;
- ways to connect with the University community including peers, teachers and student groups;
- awareness of academic expectations; and
- knowledge about wellbeing support offered at the University of Melbourne.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Joining Melbourne Modules, and the learning outcomes of these, in relation to Agricultural subject matter and learning activities.
- Apply analytical skills to the identification and discussion of current global and local issues in Agriculture
- Demonstrate effective communication using a range of strategies
- Demonstrate foundational skills in investigation including self reflection and directed research
At the completion of this subject, students should have gained skills in:
- Presenting ideas in verbal, written and visual modes;
- Participating in discussion and group activities;
- Being sensitive to the participation of others;
- Reflecting on learning;
- Forming a strong connection to the discipline of Agriculture.
Last updated: 31 January 2024