|Fees||Look up fees|
A thesis of 20,000 - 22,000 words.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete this subject should:
- Aquire a knowledge of research techniques and skills in art history.
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- Understand modern critical frameworks for the study of visual and material cultures
- Acquire skills in the analysis of objects
- Develop the ability to analyse primary historical and contemporary source material
- Gain an understanding of the critical reception of works of art
- Respond to debates relating to museums and conservation
- Prepare an original piece of research
- Develop and sustain an argument based upon that research
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of research techniques.
Last updated: 27 November 2023