|Look up fees
The subject integrates academic learning and practical challenges in implementing data analytics in an organisation/organisational context via a project undertaken over 10 weeks (part-time)
The assessment in the subject will include the completion of the report for the subject and a project presentation. This is a team project.
The program focuses on two areas:
- Communication skills: These skills include effective presentations, verbal communication, written communication, public speaking, and communicating technical material to non-technical audiences.
- Practicum skills: The completion of a 10-week project using real data in/from an industry setting under an approved supervisor.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Deliver a technical report appropriate for a non-technical audience.
- Identify ethical issues & concerns in the acquisition, retrieval, storage, and analysis of data & appreciate the importance of ethical practice and apply it in a workplace context.
- Learn how to negotiate within the area of personal & professional development. Negotiate within the area of project management.
- Produce original work in an appropriate format which demonstrates analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Put into practice communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills in a workplace context.
- Present their work professionally in a way that makes the connections between the results of their analysis and business issues for an organisation.
Last updated: 19 January 2024