|Look up fees
This subject provides those working with funding and the governance of research and innovation with knowledge and insights in areas such as:
- structured overview of science, technology and innovation (STI) policy (theory and practice);
- review of the state of the art in tools and methods for funding STI capacity building;
- structured forum for policy learning and exchange of ideas.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion, participants should be able to apply what they have learned, for example by:
- conducting and presenting science and technology policy analyses;
- preparing policy briefs;
- matching policy objectives to funding instruments;
- ability to identify and analyse science and technology policy trends.
On completing this subject, participants should be able to:
- communicate with people who work in different cultures and contexts;
- investigate policy and strategy problems, and generate options to resolve them;
- assess the risks and benefits of different solutions to policy problems;
- apply accepted policies and principles to different kinds of cases;
- make well-informed management decisions that consider specific contexts.
Last updated: 13 February 2024