Semester 1 (Early-Start)
|Look up fees
This subject sets the foundation for synthesizing skills learned in the disciplines of acting, dancing, and singing in combination. Classes will focus on holistic techniques to integrate acting, singing and dancing within a context of large and small ensembles, as well as solo work.
Students will regularly present autonomously prepared songs for lecturer feedback and a peer-group audience with corresponding critical self-assessment. Students will receive both informal and formal feedback throughout the semester. Through technical skills and reflection students will develop how to integrate acting, singing and dancing.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- demonstrate the ability to incorporate acting choices while singing;
- apply integrated singing and dancing skills to enhance stamina and vocal production;
- identify and describe processes that assist in receiving and applying feedback when combining music theatre skills;
- apply appropriate artistic choices to music, text and choreography;
- reflect on the combination of acting, singing and dancing skills;
- demonstrate cooperative, collaborative skills within a musical theatre ensemble.
Last updated: 31 January 2024