Semester 1 (Early-Start)
|Look up fees
This subject focuses on transitioning and advancing studio skills in acting, singing, and dancing to the professional demands of production and performance. Students will work with industry professionals and develop their collaborative and cooperative skills.
This is one of the capstone experiences for students. Performance experiences will include a new work, a student-led devised piece of music theatre, and a capstone main stage musical production experience. Through the development of three performance pieces and reflection, students will enhance their performative skills.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- collaborate as a team member to plan, create, and perform an original work of devised music theatre;
- combine skills learned in singing, acting and dance at an advanced level;
- develop and apply cooperative collaborative skills with industry professionals in a production environment;
- examine and reflect on the rehearsal process for a completed performance;
- perform enhanced skills in developing a role, with consideration of character, style, period and their inherent vocal, acting and dance.
Last updated: 5 February 2024