Semester 2 (Early-Start)
|Look up fees
This subject focuses on professional positioning and sustainability in the Music Theatre industry. Topics covered will include the business aspect of a career in Music Theatre performance, wellbeing approaches for sustainability in the field, performance preparation, fine-tuning audition preparation and presentation skills, and a capstone audition in front of industry professionals. Through the development of a self-care plan, a project and their portfolio, students will be appropriately prepared to enter the industry.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- select and assemble a portfolio of marketing materials appropriate for entering the Music Theatre industry;
- devise a concise career and business plan for the music theatre industry;
- apply marketing and business strategies to compete successfully in the field of Music Theatre;
- design a holistic self-care program aimed at sustainability in the field of Music Theatre;
- demonstrate professional etiquette and industry-ready preparation and presentation skills for auditions and interviews.
Last updated: 31 January 2024