About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable (login required)(opens in new window)
|Look up fees
The student will conduct an original research project under supervision in the Department of Anatomy and Physiology or an affiliated institute from February to November. The student will be introduced to current literature and techniques in specialised areas. The student will acquire skills in experimental design, critical thinking, interpretation, and assessment of literature. The student will gain skills in communicating their research and complex research ideas in oral presentations and thesis writing. The research project will typically form part of a larger project or the basis of an expanded project. In either case, the work may culminate in a contribution to an original research publication.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Apply advanced knowledge in their field of biomedical research.
- Analyse and critically assess scientific literature in the context of their specialised research.
- Design and conduct scientific experiment within their specialised research area, acquire, analyse and evaluate the quality of research data.
- Describe and apply technical skills in advanced, modern biomedical research techniques, and solve complex problems in real-world situations.
- Work effectively independently, and collaboratively under supervision within a research team, to direct and guide their independent learning and research.
- Direct and guide their independent learning and research.
- Clearly and effectively communicate scientific knowledge and information to a range of audience in both written and oral format.
- Identify and follow appropriate risk assessment and ethical conduct.
- Critical analysis and evaluation of complex scientific issues.
- Identification of critical and essential factors from a large body of information from a variety of scientific databases.
- To develop skills in communication of complex scientific ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- To develop ability to self-directed and independent research.
- To enhance and develop abilities to work effectively in a team environment.
Last updated: 31 January 2024