Please be advised that the Politics and International Studies Specialisation does not accept applications for mid-year admission. Candidates can only commence in Semester 1.
The Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) allows you to undertake a minor research subject and coursework subjects in a specialist field of study at an advanced level. This course is equivalent to an Arts Honours program if the thesis component is taken. It serves as prerequisite entry to a Masters by Research or PhD for those who have not completed a four-year Arts (Honours) degree in the relevant area.
- Students must enrol in the thesis POLS40021 Politics & International Thesis Part 1 and POLS40022 Politics & International Thesis Part 2 over two consecutive semesters
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) in this area of specialisation should:
- complete the equivalent of fourth year honours with a research component and obtain a recognised qualification;
- obtain an adequate basis for pursuing advanced studies in political science at masters or PhD level;
- develop a specialist understanding of specific areas of study, showing an understanding of the latest research directions; and
- develop a capacity for an advanced level of analysis in relation to the specific issues in political science.
Last updated: 4 August 2020