Gain the knowledge and skills to play a leading role in fostering creativity through this specialisation designed for creative practitioners and arts education professionals.
Led by the largest school of arts education specialists in the country, the Arts Education specialisation involves a critical inquiry into arts-based engagement, learning, pedagogy and practice. You will engage with issues, practices and theories about learning in and through the arts in diverse settings.
Art meets technology
This specialisation utilises the University’s state-of-the-art arts education space studioFive. Comprising specialist studios for drama, music and visual art, studioFive is a multi-purpose technology-rich facility that can be tailored to teaching styles in each artistic discipline from media to dance.
Please note: this specialisation is available within the Master of Education, and is not a separate course. The regular Master of Education CRICOS code applies.
Intended learning outcomesOn completion of this specialisation, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced and integrated understanding of a complex body of knowledge through the application of critical analysis and reflective practice
- Evaluate and apply disciplinary principles, complex information, problem solving, critical thinking and conceptual understanding to demonstrate cognitive and technical skills in contemporary arts education
- Effectively disseminate research outcomes to a range of audiences using highly developed communication skills
- Apply appropriate research principles and methods to generate a substantial contribution to knowledge in international arts education
- Demonstrate autonomy, expert judgement, creativity, initiative, team work and responsibility as a global arts practitioner to design, use and evaluate research and research methods
Last updated: 11 November 2022