Dr Patanamon Thongtanunam
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
Currently enrolled students:
This course is discontinued and is no longer available for admissions.
Software engineers combine an understanding of computer science, design, engineering management, mathematics and psychology to manage the development, maintenance and production of large scale software systems.
This specialisation focuses on team-based projects, in which students must conceive, design, implement and operate software engineering solutions. Students develop technical skills and the ability to apply engineering principles to solving real-world problems.
A year-long industry project provides the opportunity to work closely with ICT professionals, and many graduates find roles in this field, in addition to those in other service-oriented and software development areas.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this specialisation, students should be able to:
- Gained advanced knowledge of the principles of spatial engineering underpinning spatial measurements, spatial information management, visualisation and analytics;
- Had the opportunity to develop research principles and methods in the field of spatial engineering;
- Cognitive skills to demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge to reflect critically on theory and professional practice of spatial measurements, spatial information management, visualisation and analytics
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories in the context of sustainable development and to apply established theories to different bodies of knowledge of spatial engineering;
- Communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions, to professional engineering and non‐engineering audiences;
- Technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse, theorise about developments that contribute to professional practice or scholarship in the field of spatial engineering.
- With creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice and/or for further learning;
- With high level personal autonomy and accountability;
- To plan and execute a substantial piece of scholarship.
Last updated: 11 November 2022