Master of Public Health (244CW)
Masters (Coursework)Year: 2023 Delivered: Mixed Attendance Mode (Parkville)
About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Majors, minors and specialisations
Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
Currently enrolled students:
- General information: https://ask.unimelb.edu.au
- Email: Contact Stop 1
- Further Information: MSPGH Website
- Email: Enquiry Form
|Award title||Master of Public Health|
|Year & campus||2023 — Parkville|
|Fees information||Subject EFTSL, level, discipline and census date|
|Study level & type||Graduate Coursework|
|Credit points||200 credit points|
|Duration||24 months full-time or 48 months part-time|
The Master of Public Health offers students the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge required for a career in public health practice. Within the course students are exposed to the core foundations of public health theory and practice and also have the opportunity to specialise in the advanced public health training streams offered through the University of Melbourne. The Master of Public Health programs at the University of Melbourne is delivered by academic staff with extensive experience and depth of knowledge, who are leaders in their chosen fields of public health.
The Master of Public Health has three components:
- The core component includes up to six subjects that provide students with a rigorous, multidisciplinary foundation in public health theory and practice, that is essential to all aspects of public health practice;
- The specialist component offers students the opportunity to focus on one or more key fields in public health and gain the skills and knowledge required for practice in the area. Specialisations are offered in the fields of Epidemiology and Biostatistics; Evaluation and Implementation Science; Gerontology; Global Health; Health, Gender and Society; Health Economics and Economic Evaluation; Health Policy, Systems and Practice, Indigenous Health; Infectious Disease Epidemiology; Sexual Health. The MD-MPH Specialisation is only available to students enrolled in the MD-MPH Intercalated degree.
- The capstone experience offers students the opportunity to consolidate their specialist training and apply the knowledge gained in the course to real world scenarios. Students may apply to undertake a Research Project with an expert in their field; a Professional Practice placement with a recognised agency, institution or community organisation concerned with health; or capstone selective subjects.
This course is delivered in a mixed attendance mode (both on campus and online).
Last updated: 28 May 2023