About this course
Graduates can apply for membership of the Audiological Society of Australia (ASA).
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Meet the core knowledge and skill competencies identified by Audiology Australia as necessary for practice as an audiologist;
- Identify and apply foundational sciences and theories that underpin and inform audiological practice;
- Apply appropriate best practice methods to assess and manage both the communication and balance needs of their patients;
- Construct appropriate differential diagnoses/hypotheses and acquire additional information to arrive at correct definitive diagnoses or solutions to clinical problems;
- Critically evaluate the audiological literature and apply this knowledge to the implementation of evidence-based practice;
- Demonstrate a highly developed sense of personal and professional integrity, utilising reflective practice and lifelong learning to adapt with the evolving demands of the audiology profession;
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with patients, professional colleagues and the general community by applying written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Demonstrate a strongly developed commitment to moral, professional and ethical responsibility for patients, colleagues and the broader community.
The course provides comprehensive training in all aspects of clinical audiology along with an introduction to research methods in this field. On completion of this course the students should have:
- critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- the ability to integrate theory and practice and to apply this in novel situations
- an openness to new ideas
- planning and time management skills
- the ability to communicate their knowledge in both oral and written form
- the ability to behave in a professionally appropriate manner
Audiology is the clinical science concerned with the assessment and management of hearing loss and balance disorders. It is a multi-disciplinary profession that will be of interest to those who like working with people. The Master of Clinical Audiology is the required degree for entry into the profession and provides complete training for the clinical practice of audiology.
Last updated: 29 January 2022