About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Further study
ContactMelbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149 Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm AEST/AEDT. Weekends and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am to 5pm AEST/AEDT. Further information: https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/courses/graduate/master-of-cancer-sciences/
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- An undergraduate degree with honours in an appropriate discipline or equivalent; or
- An undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline and at least two years of documented, relevant work experience; or
- At least eight years of documented relevant work experience and demonstrated evidence of written and analytical skills appropriate for postgraduate study.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic performance; and
- Relevant work experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The University of Melbourne is committed to providing students with reasonable adjustments to assessment and participation under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and the Assessment and Results Policy (MPF1326). Students are expected to meet the core participation requirements for their course. These can be viewed under Entry and Participation Requirements for the course outlines in the Handbook. Further details on how to seek academic adjustments can be found on the Student Equity and Disability Support website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 6 December 2019