|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject focuses on algorithmic digital form explorations using intensive computational scripting coupled with fabrication of detailed material models. The selected topics introduced in the subject include: variational design, interactive skins and spaces, materials and technologies of digital fabrication.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject students should have developed:
- knowledge of the impact of digital technology on theoretical issues in spatial design;
- critical awareness of the relationship between representation and spatial design with an emphasis on digital design environments;
- skills in the use of computational design and digital technologies.
- Critical thinking and analysis.
- Information gathering and critical synthesis.
- Comprehension of complex concepts and the ability to express them lucidly in writing.
- Methods of documentation and presentation.