|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
The Research Report is to take the form of a research paper for publication or a research report. The Head of the Department of Accounting or their nominee must approve the topic. Periodic workshops will be held during both semesters and are to be attended by all students enrolled in the subject. The title of the Research Report accompanied by a proposed outline should normally be submitted for approval by the end of the fourth week of the semester of enrolment in this subject. The report must be submitted by the end of the university examination period for the semester of enrolment in this subject.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Synthesise current research literature with a view to identifying a research question that is relevant to the area chosen for the research project and that makes a significant contribution to the research literature;
- Critically evaluate the extant research literature in the field chosen for the research project from both a theoretical and empirical point of view;
- Independently research the project topic, using a wide range of source material; and
- Complete a research topic which is well written including in terms of its structure and argument.
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Problem solving;
- Collaborative learning and team work;
- Application of theory to the practice of scientific enquiry;
- Evaluation of data and other information related to practical research problems;
- Interpretation and analysis of information obtained in relation to practical research problems;
- Ability to access data from a range of sources;
- Articulation of responses in written form;
- Ability to listen to others with tolerance; and
- Ability to engage in discussion where appropriate.