|Look up fees
The topics covered in this intensively taught subject will reflect those identified by the conservation sector as necessary and relevant to contemporary professional practice. The subject provides students with the opportunity to acquire and develop specialised skills in a professional industry setting. Lectures, seminars, and practical sessions will be led by national and internationally recognised experts. This unit is taught intensively over one week. During the pre-teaching period students are expected to complete the readings, review the lectures and any other course preparation as outlined on the course LMS. The LMS will be available at the beginning of the pre-teaching period.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Demonstrate that they have gained indepth knowledge in one or more conservation specialist areas.
- creative and critical thinking;
- advanced problem sol ving skills;
- well-developed translation of research to industry and practice based projects;
- productive participation in complex work environments;
- integrity and ethical practice;
- high level communication and written skills;
- an appreciation of diverse cultures and perspectives.
Last updated: 31 January 2024