Semester 2 (Extended)
|Fees||Look up fees|
Building on the experience gained in Production Practice 1, students will deepen their understanding, experience and confidence by contributing to the production process and preparing for future roles with greater responsibility.
Students will apply their developing knowledge and skills to roles on Victorian College of the Arts (VCA) productions that relate to at least one of their chosen specialisations.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- contextualise a production role requiring technical and collaborative skills in order to contribute to the creation and realisation of live performance;
- develop and implement the roles, responsibilities and processes necessary in the production of live performance;
- apply safe work and best practices in technical theatre;
- develop and apply creative processes and technical skills employed by a theatre practitioner in the realisation of live performance in a production environment;
- demonstrate communicative and cooperative skills to collaborate effectively with theatre makers and production departments at an intermediate level;
- generate and manage industry standard documentation relevant to an assigned production role;
- reflect on and review the process and output of a placement and articulate insights gained from the experience relevant to an assigned production role.
Last updated: 13 November 2023