About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable (login required)(opens in new window)
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Contact hours: https://unimelb.edu.au/professional-development/contact-us
Term 1 - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject examines the origins and evolution of evaluation theories, models and approaches. Topics covered include: the nature and role of evaluation theory; pioneering figures and major debates in evaluation’s short but rich history; approaches to classifying evaluation theories; and, the relationship between evaluation theory and contemporary practice. Classes will involve examining and critiquing evaluation theorists and theories through key readings, class debates and interactive role plays.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- identify and compare key thinkers and major schools of thought in the field of evaluation;
- analyse and critique the views of prominent evaluation theorists; and
- integrate knowledge of evaluation theory into a broad range of applied evaluation settings.
Last updated: 10 November 2023