|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject develops from the first semester subject, dealing with more advanced modes of critical interpretation of the visual arts, past and present.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject aims to:
- provide a clear, basic knowledge and understanding of certain key historical moments and works of art and their contexts;
- familiarise students with terminology used in the critical understanding of art at a tertiary level;
- introduce students to methods of study appropriate at a tertiary level.
On completing this subject students will be able to:
- comprehend the descriptive and theoretical vocabulary used in contemporary art criticism and art historical studies;
- recognize methods and objectives of argument in art criticism and art history.
Last updated: 15 February 2020