|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject continues the consolidation of the work practice and the preparation of a resolved body of work for final assessment and to prepare work for inclusion in the Graduate Exhibition and entry to the Honours Year. The professional practice component continues to prepare students with the necessary skills and knowledge to practice as professional artists.
Intended learning outcomes
- Emphasis is placed on the focused development of conceptual and research skills, skills in critically engaging with art as a profession, and enhancing the student's individual contriubution to their chosen discipline.
- Students should have the requisite understanding, knowledge and skills to maintain an independent artistic practice upon leaving the course.
At the completion of the subject students should be able to:
- demonstrate capacities for artistic imagination, creativity, transformation and interpretation;
- demonstrate practical skills in respect of critical analysis, problem solving, report writing, team work and oral and written communication;
- demonstrate a flexible and innovative approach to the national and international challenges for the professional visual artist in the 21st century;
- work at various levels, both as an individual and as a team member, in a wide variety of visual artistic environments;
- demonstrate an open, independent and inquiring attitude towards contemporary cultural developments and new ideas;
- understand their relationship with and responsibility to their cultural environment and society.