|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 1|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Making Movies 1 allows students with little or no background in movie making to be introduced to the fundamentals of the role of the film director, writer and producer, and to gain an insight into professional film production techniques. The subject will explore topics such as screenwriting, film directing, cinematography, film editing & post-production, actor direction, production aesthetics, film crew organisation etc.
Intended learning outcomes
On completing this subject students will have:
• an enhanced understanding of the grammar of screen language and the basic principles of filmmaking;
• the capacity to understand and apply complex techniques to express screen-based ideas;
• the ability to critically analyse the application of filmmaking techniques and creative aesthetics to screen-based narratives.
On completing this subject students will be able to:
• prepare narratives using visual storytelling techniques;
• critically analyse the use of filmmaking techniques;
• apply knowledge of basic filmmaking fundamentals;
• communicate story in both written and visual forms.