|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject has been designed and developed for online delivery and assessment only.
This online Breadth subject is an introduction to the process of creating stories for screen media, focusing on concept creation, screenplay structures, story and character generation. Students will study and practice the essential groundwork undertaken by writers in creating works for screen, and will learn how to apply these skills to their own ideas for screen projects.
The subject will be delivered through a combination of recorded lectures, live online tutorials, assigned readings and on-line screenings.
Students will write an original short script, analyse the screenwriting works of others, and take part in collaborative script development processes.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- engagement at a basic level with contemporary screenwriting practices;
- familiarity with universal elements of storytelling;
- interrogation and critique of screen texts;
- followed a screenwriting project through from inception to completion;
- worked in a self-motivated way;
- begun to find a storyteller 'voice'.
Last updated: 22 November 2023