|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Making Movies 3 Practical Production is where all the knowledge and introductory practical components of Making Movies 1 & 2 come together, to consolidate those experiences in a specialised filmmaking intensive experience.
This hands-on filmmaking workshop runs over four days. Working in small crews, and led by experienced film practitioners/tutors, students have the opportunity to work in small groups to write and shoot two short films over four days. Script development and shooting takes place in our state of the art film studios, using the professional filmmaking equipment of the film and television school.
This subject aims to give those who have never made a film the confidence that it can be done by those with enthusiasm, passion, dedication, team skills, considered coordination, and a good idea. During the intensive you will meet and work with your potential filmmaking crews of the future.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- articulate screenwriting knowledge, including the development of ideas for the workshop films;
- write a properly formatted short screenplay suitable to film in 1 day;
- write and plan your own short film, including character breakdown, writing a script and developing shooting plans and story boards.
- Write a properly formatted short screenplay suitable to film in 1 day.
- Analyse a short screenplay and break it down into a shot list.
- Have a basic understanding of lighting and sound recording for digital video.
- Awareness regarding the importance of OH&S within the film industry including on set safety.
- Have a basic knowledge of camera placement and framing techniques.
- Be able to apply knowledge of onset communication and basic shooting protocols when working with a small film crew.
- Gain the confidence to produce your own short film, and actually prepare a script and shooting plans for your next short film