Recommended texts and other resources
Elementary Linear Algebra Applications Version (H. Anton and C. Rorres), 11th edn, Wiley, 2013.
This subject is available for science credit to students enrolled in the BSc (both pre-2008 and new degrees), BASc or a combined BSc course.
Students with a score of 40 or more in VCE Specialist Mathematics 3/4 are strongly encouraged to enrol in both
- MAST10008 Accelerated Mathematics 1
- MAST10009 Accelerated Mathematics 2
instead of both
- MAST10006 Calculus 2
- MAST10007 Linear Algebra
Students with a study score of 29 in VCE Specialist Mathematics 3/4 or equivalent, are eligible to enrol in MAST10005 Calculus 1, MAST10006 Calculus 2 or MAST10007 Linear Algebra. Such students should seek course advice before completing their enrolment.
Students require access to a computer with the software package MATLAB installed. This package is currently available in every open-access campus laboratory.
Students will be expected to use the software package MATLAB but no programming knowledge is expected.
- Science-credited subjects - new generation B-SCI and B-ENG.
- Engineering Systems
- Spatial Systems
- Environmental Science major
- Selective subjects for B-BMED
- Pure Mathematics
- Statistics / Stochastic Processes
- Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Design Elective Subjects
- Discrete Mathematics / Operations Research
- Environments Discipline subjects
Related breadth tracks
This subject is available as breadth in the following courses: